Yummy love yummies
Kärleksmums (Love Yummy…) are among the tastiest cace I know! And now for Valentine’s Day, I wanted to bake these very lovely chocolate cakes and serve my customers in my street food trailer, Nordic Street Food.
Sure … chocolate, coffee and coconut are not very “Nordic” and “locally grown” but the cake “Kärleksmums” for me is a Swedish tradition that my mom often baked at home in our kitchen when I was young.
When I choose chocolate and cocoa I choose Fair Traide, and it should be high quality. Then it will be at its best.
This recipe is the Swedish tv.chef Leila’s recipe, but I used a smaller form, to get high, amazing cakes, which makes baking in the oven a bit longer than the original recipe.
Also, I had in a knob of butter in the icing to “shine” it up a little extra.
Easy to bake and stunningly good to serve everyone you love. And it need not be on Valentine’s Day … romance blossoms all year around … if you want.
Here you go!
5 eggs preferably organic
2 cups powdered sugar
2,25 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
5 tablespoons cocoa (Fairtrade)
1 cup water
300 g butter
200 g dark chocolate, 70 percent,Fair Trade
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons strong coffee , preferably espresso
200 g dark chocolate, 70 percent fine
1 cup coconut flakes, for example in eco
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/392 F
2. Melt butter and let it cool.
3. Beat eggs and granulated sugar fluffy for about 15 minutes.
4. Sight down the dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and mix them . Gently fold them into the egg mixture .
5. Add water and melted butter.
6. Dress a deeper form which is about 20-30 cm with baking paper and pour in the batter.
7. Chop the chocolate coarsely and sprinkle it over the batter.
7. Bake in center of oven for about 25-30 minutes . Allow to cool .
1. Boil the cream , pour in the coffee and let cool slightly.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate and spread frosting over the cake.
3. Sprinkle with coconut and let the icing harden in the fridge.
4. Cut yummy bits in squares.